Tuesday, October 11, 2005

qoop + flickr = I'm unimpressed!

I read ehomeupgrade's post about qoop-flickr and it reminded that I wanted to post some brief feedback on qoop+flickr.

The ordering experience was OK, nothing stellar, but by far the biggest downer was the print quality of the photos in the book that I ordered. Pixely, dithered -- how else can I describe them?

While Derek Powazek does point out the inferior print quality, I think he understates it.

Anyways, I'm surprised that flickr did a deal with qoop with the quality being what it is. You'd think print quality would be criteria numero uno for them!

UPDATE: Phil, President of QOOP, found my posting and has just responded in the comments. His attention is commendable and I look forward to seeing them improve the quality of the QOOP-Flickr service.

UPDATE 2: Phil just called me and after chatting with him, I have a high level of confidence that they'll address these issues fairly soon. When I see the new results, I'll definitely be posting my feedback then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rakesh said...

Hi Phil,

I respect that you are responding to my posting here.

I actually did submit some feedback via a form on your site on my first attempt to purchase a book from Qoop-flickr. You might do a search and see if you can find that message (it was about centering photo captions underneath photographs, rather than the default left justiication) -- and FYI it took a bit of effort to submit that feedback, the first form I tried didn't work.

That's why you didn't see e-mail feedback from me on my reaction to the print quality.

Anyhow, good luck with the service. I'd love to hear about an improved quality service when it's available because as I've said, I love the concept and even the interface you guys have developed for building books.

Sincerely,
Rakesh

(feel free to e-mail me at rakesh at agrawal org)

8:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,
I have a simple question for phil.
If I link my flickr page with you, will u pay me for the photos when they are selled someday? Or is it only da photos that I upload from your site?

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home